Wilson Elliott Maifeld was born on Monday 4 December 2006. Wilson has 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome, a chromosome disorder sometimes also called DiGeorge Syndrome.
Wilson's health problems include:
This website exists primarily to help our families and friends - most of whom live far away - stay informed about Wilson, and share his successes and setbacks as he grows and learns.
- Tetralogy of Fallot: a group of four congenital heart defects, diagnosed at birth and largely corrected by a single surgery on 11 June 2007
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) with aspiration: diagnosed as severe at one month of age and now outgrown
- Laryngomalacia: a floppy airway, diagnosed at one month of age and now outgrown
- Binaural hearing loss: profound in his right ear and moderate in his left, officially diagnosed at 9 months of age; he now wears hearing aids
- A tumor at the base of his brain: diagnosed at 10 months of age; monitored by MRI
You can follow these links to learn more about Wilson: